Saturday, January 12, 2008

What do you think this is, a restaurant?

I recently grew tired of catering to Cameron's culinary preferences. I was interviewing him regarding his lunch choice one day ("Apples?" "No." "Cheese stick?" "No." "Yogurt?" "No." "Sandwich" "No.") when suddenly I thought, "Wait just a minute. Why am I allowing my four year old to order off a menu at home?" So, the next day, I made him the lunch of my choosing, set it on the table and . . . he ate it!

It looks like I'm going to be fighting the same battle with Matthew, though. Tonight we ordered Indian food for dinner -- my favorite. Matthew refused to even try a bite of naan, insisting that he HAD to have sushi for dinner.

7 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I'm with Matthew:
Indian food-thumbs down
Sushi-thumbs up

I do prefer if my sushi is no longer swimming, but that's just me.

Midnight Thoughts said...

mmmm.... sushi :)

Christine said...

Sharon has it right!!! Indian food is the best! Mmmmmmm... naan bread...

Ninette said...

You never know, maybe as Matthew grows older he will grow to love it. When my sister was younger she refused to eat Indian food. In her teens, she starting eating naan, chapatis, and other breads. Now as an adult she eats Indian all the time.

(For those of who don't know me, I am 100% Indian. My parents came here from India after they were married.)

Sharon said...

I had never even tried Indian food until I was in grad school -- perhaps because of my mother's feelings about it (see comment 1)! Now, mater paneer, garlic naan and a mango lassi are my idea of culinary heaven! Although I don't mind some good sushi now and then!

Anonymous said...

Sushi? Ewwwwww! It's all about pierogis and sweet cabbage for me!

Zack said...

Any food that comes in an unnatural color is not going in me(i.e. Bright orange chicken, Yellow Gravy) Bhanu once told me if he wasn't Indian he wouldnt touch the stuff. Thats convincing enough for me.