Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mmm, mmm mush

While I am generally a proponent of delaying solids until 6 months, Matthew had been making it increasingly clear that he was ready for more than a liquid diet. Grabbing anything headed for my mouth, staring longingly at my morning oatmeal, drooling through our meals . . . finally we got the hint. So, last night, Matthew sampled some mmm mmm good rice cereal. He was enthusiastic, impatiently grasping at the spoon and glaring at me when he gagged himself in his zeal. He gobbled down a tablespoon and then gave an appreciative pfft, spewing mush all over me and his face. It does make for a cute photo, though, so I can't complain! Cameron, who was vehemently anti-cereal as an infant, was no less disgusted by the stuff today. I tormented him by repeatedly suggesting that he might want me to whip up a bowl for him which was met with anxious cries of "Noooo, Mommy! I don't want to eat that!" He was greatly amused though by Matthew's excitement over the soupy stuff. Afterwards, Cameron requested that I take a photo of him with his little brother to commemorate this grand event. Reflecting the solemnity of the occasion, Cameron kept a straight face while giving Matthew rabbit ears.
Tune in next time for more of Matthew's awe-inspiring feats!

No comments: