Thursday, December 6, 2007

Star light, star bright

Cameron has developed a recent fascination with wishing on a star. I have no idea where he learned the "Star light, star bright" poem, but he is using it on a frequent basis even in the complete absence of stars. It's actually quite cute. He recites the poem, closes his eyes and then whispers, "Stars? Ummm, I wanted to wish for . . . " He told me two of his wishes. The first was for "a new telephone that really works." He clarified for me that he has a play telephone but it is sadly inoperable. I asked why he would need a working telephone and he told me he would use it "to call people. I would call you! Like if you were on vacation and left me with a kid sitter I could call you!" I find this interesting as we have never gone on vacation without him and very rarely leave him with a baby sitter (excuse me, kid sitter). His second wish was for "some girl toys that mommy could play with and one boy's toy so I could play with her!" Awwww.

No comments: