Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Me, I want a hula hoop

As always, we've had a wonderful Christmas -- every moment packed with family, friends, excess calories and endless gifts! I'm limited to photos taken by my mom at the moment, as I can't find the USB cord for my camera and I don't have Stacy's photos yet. So, more to post in the future!

We began slow, enjoying a Christmas Eve's Eve dinner with my parents and David's parents. Matthew apparently felt a bit jealous that everyone was enjoying food and drink. "Do they have to rub it in my face? Milk, milk, milk . . . let's liven things up a little, huh people? It's the HOLIDAYS!"Or could it be some sort of weird "put everything in my mouth" phase? Nahhhh.Matthew also debuted his new ability to ride in a hip carry, which is a big relief for my aching arms.

Christmas Eve included the traditional shushing of a preschooler at Mass, followed by delicious food, the company of family and plenty of Wii play. When the party had died down, Cameron plated some cookies and dictated a note of welcome to Santa.

Bedtime, to no one's surprise, was a lengthy affair as Cameron was literally jumping up and down on the bed in anticipation. However, the next morning I was the first one to wake up -- I'm finding that a mommy's anticipation of her children's excitement exceeds even that childhood excitement. Evidently daddies don't have that same instinct, as David was roused from sleep quite some time later.

We all received a ridiculous amount of gifts, including lots and lots of toys. Here's mine!!!

That's right! A ROOMBA! A vacuuming robot! This was a completely unexpected surprise from David and I don't think I could ask for a better gift than clean floors with no effort. I actually had a dream about my Roomba last night. I like it that much.

We gave Matthew a super cute baby doll, of whom he appears to be fond.

Cameron, as you may have guessed, was deluged with superhero gifts and our superhero play has now improved ten-fold.

And, since he was shirtless and he has a Y-chromosome, Cameron decided to experiment with his stomp rockets in a way not described in the directions . . .

More to come . . . Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

It's been a fun filled week at Grandma Linda's house. Christmas Eve was extra special this year as it was attended by Aunt Mary Anne, Uncle Harv, Aunt Beth and their spouses and children. We had a huge array of food (thanks everyone!) and fun with our new Wii (thanks Stephanie and Bryan!) We are truly blessed.