Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It all seems so normal now . . .

As I was cleaning pee out of Matthew's ear . . . STOP. Did that phrase get your attention? If so, I would bet that you are not the parent of a small boy. A parent of a small boy would find cleaning pee out of an ear a pretty mundane event, I dare say.

So, anyway, as I was cleaning pee out of Matthew's ear, I was thinking how different life is pre- and post-babies. Before having kids, I can say with great certainty that I had never cleaned pee out of anyone's ear. Other things that seem normal now, but were not pre-kiddos:

- realizing in the middle of an adult function that I am wearing a noodle necklace
- hearing the mail arrive and thinking, "Ooooh, I hope it is the Happi Tummi gas relief band!"
- responding to the call "Come see what I did!" from the bathroom

Worth it? 100%.

Oh, and by the way, chocolate pudding is really yummy and really fun!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

They are so worth it! They are miracles.

Midnight Thoughts said...

Seriously? You've cleaned pee out of his ear...more than once? I've never heard of this!!!
Cute pics for the day though :)
Kendall :)

Sharon said...

Kendall,

As your cousin, I feel obliged to tell you the terrible truth. Babies are, well, pretty gross. Babies have appalling personal hygiene. For baby boys, couple this with a complete inability to aim and an apparent unwillingness to learn from past mistakes and you have a recipe for disaster. I won't even tell you where I've cleaned poo from or else you'll never have kids.

Sharon

Sharon said...

Christine,

You've got to be kidding me -- you've never cleaned pee out of an ear? Please tell me that you've cleaned pee from other places. Face? Hair? Maybe I am just really awful at quick diaper changes . . .

Sharon