Sunday, December 2, 2007

A random assortment of thoughts

I've posted this photo of Matthew before, but I just came across a similar photo of Cameron at the same age. I remember, of course, that Cameron was bald and Matthew quite clearly is not bald. But, wow, what a difference in these photos! I think Matthew's hair gives him an additional inch of height! I mean, Cameron really had NO hair. And check out those cheeks! Yowza! I've heard the camera adds ten pounds, but all in one place?
What a couple of cutie pies we have!
So, earlier this week I was up before Cameron and I turned on the Today Show. They were doing a segment on organizing your purse and they began by suggesting that you pare down the contents of your purse to "necessities." So, let's think here. If I wasn't lugging about diapers, pacifiers, changes of clothing and snacks, what would I consider purse necessities? Well, first off, money of course. Then I suppose some photos of my boys, chapstick, Purell and my cell phone. Watching the Today Show, though, I began to think that I am hopelessly out of touch. I mean, I would NEVER have thought that perfume was a purse necessity. Do I just naturally smell better than most people and thus do not need to carry perfume? Or are people routinely commenting after I pass, "Whew! Somebody pass her the perfume!"

As I write this, Cameron and David are playing a game creatively called "Santa." In this game, Cameron pretends to be Santa. The other player (namely, David or myself) pretends to be a little boy or girl. The scene usually opens on the child sleeping soundly while Santa tip toes into the room. Santa quietly leaves a toy and then, upon leaving the room (here comes my favorite part) he crows like a rooster. What? You didn't know that Santa is an accomplished rooster impersonator? Why, yes, this is how he rouses sleeping children on Christmas morning so they might find the gifts he has left! Upon awakening, the little child finds the toy Santa has left and exclaims over it. Santa, unable to resist, often returns sheepishly to the room to confess that it was he that left the toy. It is a GREAT game which can be enthusiastically played about 47 times in a row.
Occasionally, Santa confides in the little child some tidbit about his past. This has included the fact that he no longer lives at the North Pole as it is too cold and, interestingly, that he has two daddies -- a nice daddy and a "mean daddy who says I can only bring you three presents, not four." I became concerned that Santa did not have a mommy, but, to my relief, he tells me that he has THREE and they are all nice! I had no idea that Santa had such a troubled past. . .

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

It's hard to believe what a butterball Cameron was! He is so active and lean now.

I would call the two photos you posted "a study of contrasts", except both the boys had fabulous grins!