Friday, December 21, 2007

Hectic Holiday Fun

Today was like a marathon of feeding, clothing and diapering in the midst of rushing from home to tumbling to a school holiday party and home again. *phew*

As I was prodding Cameron to get ready this morning, he said, "Hold on, Mommy, I'm in the middle of this game. I'm the red team and I'm trying to beat the blue team." When I looked, he was holding his Etch-a-Sketch and turning the dials frantically, pretending that it was a video game! He played for quite a while, occasionally showing me the score and yelling out exclamations like, "Whoa! That was close!"

I was a helper at the holiday party, aided by Matthew. I don't think I was quite as helpful as other volunteers, as they were not incessantly bouncing and saying "Shhh shhh shhhh shhh shhhh." Nor were they sporadically dashing from the room for a diaper change or fishing in their bag for a binky. Despite the distractions, Cameron and his classmates all seemed to enjoy themselves. The hit of the party was this paper bag reindeer craft project, which inexplicably caused raucous laughter and barely contained hysteria when shown to the class.
Cameron was also eager to demonstrate for me several Montessori works and I actually had to tell him several times to stop choosing work and start decorating his cookie!So, a fun day but I am glad to be home! I'm sure the holidays will bring more chaos and celebration!

No comments: