Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Intellectual Property Law

Cameron received the excellent Mo Willems' book "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" from my friend Tara recently. We were thrilled and Cameron even chose to bring it to school for his news. Cameron also expressed an interest in writing his own book which, by necessity, he would dictate to me. I am concerned, however, that if these books ever make it to publication, Mo Willems may take issue with the similarity to his own works. What do you think? "Don't Let the Turkey Ride the Helicopter" and "Don't Let the Turtle Drive the Space Ship."

In addition to Cameron's desire to be an author, he has also decided that he will become an astronaut when he grows up. He correctly deduced that, prior to his trip to Saturn, he would need to go to space school. When I told him how exciting this sounded he said, "Oh, don't worry Mommy. You'll be coming with me!" *sigh* I really thought I was done with school.

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Astronaut? Did Cameron know I had planned on him becoming a doctor?

Sharon said...

If you think I am going to med school with him, you've got another think coming! And residency . . . no thank you!

At least the anti-gravity training at space camp would be fun to blog about!