Sunday, December 9, 2007

Literally

We recently attended David's company's annual holiday party. We've gone in past years and this year I was particularly looking forward to a meal made by someone other than me or Papa John. However, when my meatless lasagna arrived it looked suspiciously meaty. David stopped a waiter and asked, "Excuse me. Is the vegetarian lasagna meatless?" (Which is really a laughable question if you think about it.) The waiter hesitated and then said, "Wellllll, not completely meatless." Ahhh. Because, as we all know, vegetarians just like a little LESS meat in their lasagna . . . I was just being too literal in taking "meatless" to mean "completely meatless."

Speaking of times when you can't take something literally, we were watching "America's Funniest Home Videos" earlier today. This is, I would boldly claim, not ACTUALLY America's Funniest. It would perhaps be more fitting to name it something like "Head and Groin Injuries are Sometimes Amusing" or "Small Children and Drunks are Frequently Clumsy." Watching AFV is not one of our usual family activities (or one of our activities in general!) but I am under the weather with a cold and it seemed as good as any other Sunday evening options while lying on the couch. Cameron laughed uproariously throughout the show and we, in turn, laughed at him laughing and at his comments including, "Ingenious!" and "At least the tractor didn't get hurt!"

And, finally, here are the goofballs.


2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Love the photos! Was Matthew making a funny face too in the 3rd picture? He was hidden by Cameron.

I hope you are feeling much better today.

Ginger said...

I have to say that I am appalled at the "meatless" lasagna not being completely meat free. You must have been very disgusted!