Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Nice Cold Chardonnay

David and I are often less than enthusiastic participants in Cameron's imaginative play. Imaginative play is one of those things that sounds really great in theory, but is actually a bit tiresome in real life. I mean, I admire Cameron's enthusiasm and creativity, but he has a long way to go in character development and plot.

So, Cameron's imaginary spy master apparently instructed him to teach me some spy language today. "Okay," said Cameron. "Repeat after me. Woo-foo-ahhh-do."

"Woo-foo-ahhh-do," I said.

"Nooooo, listen. It's like this. Woooo-foo-ahhh-DO."

"Wooooo-foo-ahhh-DO."

"Argh! Okay, woo-ooo-foo-ahhh-DO."

"Woo-ooo-foo-ahhh-DO."

"Finally, you got in Mommy! Okay, that means, 'I want to say good-bye because you must stay on this planet.'"

"That's the first spy phrase I need to learn? Weird. Okay, what's next?"

"Waaa-waa-WAAAA."

"I can definitely do that. Waaa-waa-WAAAA. What's that one mean, Cameron?"

"It means, 'Can I have some more wine?' Oh, and it also means 'baby.'"

That's right folks. In spy language, the SAME word is used to say 'baby' and to request wine. Which, I must confess, makes a lot of sense to me. After all, after a rough bed time with the waaa-waa-WAAAA I often find myself saying to David, "Hey, while you're in the kitchen, waaa-waa-WAAA?"

3 comments:

Christy said...

Too funny! I'd like some more wine too please! Lol

Unknown said...

The waaa-waa-WAAA at my house definitely makes me request a glass (or 3) of waaa-waa-WAAA on a regular basis :)

theferrarofour said...

Ditto and Ditto to above comments! This is a great story!