Sunday, June 14, 2009

Or perhaps a latte?

It was a long night. David and Cameron were camping and I was home with Matthew, who was very sick. I won't go into the details; suffice it to say that I did a lot of laundry. In the morning, Matthew was up bright and early and, groggily, I started a pot of coffee. "I have coffee," suggested Matthew.

"Sorry, no coffee for babies," I replied.

"I have coffee," he reiterated.

"No coffee."

Seeing that I was steadfast in my denial, he decided a strategy change was in order. "I have cappuccino."

3 comments:

Christine said...

Silly boy! Obviously Mama can't give him that because of the MILK. (what a funny, intelligent guy!)

RTC said...

The fact that he knows the word "cappuccino" is amazing. That he was able to realize it is an alternative to coffee is brilliant!

Sharon said...

If he wanted any chance of success, he should have asked for a decaf soy latte.