Saturday, June 13, 2009

Who's dat?

So, Matthew got his first hair cut. Which makes it sound soooooo simple. In actuality, I spent a few weeks stressing over it. Where should I take him? Clippers or scissors? Does he have to have a shaved head? And . . . well . . . I loved his curls. And I didn't really want to cut them off. And moms are supposed to know stuff like where and how their kid's hair should be cut.

Eventually, a friend gave me the name of the woman who cuts her son's hair. I called and said, "Ummm, my friend said that you know how to cut black hair. Is that true?" I know, I'm sooooo smooth.

Matthew began the adventure as clueless as his clueless mommy, dancing to Bob the Builder and honking the horn of his car/seat. But once the combing and clipping and cutting began, he could have cared less about Bob. "Stop it! No! Mamaaaa!" he sobbed. Fortunately, the stylist was unphased by the drama.Matthew continued to fuss even when the hair cut was finished, but recovered with the aid of some fruit snacks and a visit to the slide. He looks very cute and still has some curl left. I think he's still a little unsure of the new look, however, as he promptly donned this bucket after a look in the mirror.
He actually pointed at our reflections in the mirror and said, "Mama, daddy, and . . . who's dat?"
He did tell Cameron about his hair cut though, saying, "Nice lady cut da hair." Typical boy, trying to act all tough and never mentioning the tears and trauma!

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

It was a traumatic event, but the end result is great. Matthew looks like an styling young man now!

theferrarofour said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful story. I was dying to know the result. He looks great! I'm so glad you found somebody for us. :)

Michelle said...

OH.How.Precious.

what a little doll...I would have totally caved if I had been the hairdresser..hehe..