Monday, June 1, 2009

Life with Two Boys

So, it's been forever since I posted . . . sorry mom. Last week was crazy -- David had several late evenings, meaning I was on my own with the kids and exhausted by the time I got everyone in bed. Then I had a killer headache over the weekend and suddenly here it is, Monday, and I haven't posted in ages.

So, today is our first official day of summer vacation. After a fun morning with friends, we spent some time this afternoon reading. Cameron was reading "Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog" by Mo Willems to Matthew and me. Suddenly, a noise interrupted the story. "Toot!" crowed Matthew in recognition.

"Someone needs to say excuse me," I reminded.

"Pigeon," said Matthew, pointing at the book. "Pigeon tooted."

7 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Matthew is one smart cookie!

Neelu said...

Matthew is sooo smart!

Zack F said...

I've blamed it on Pigeons and other winged animals before too, but I've found it works better when you blame it on mammals with a more protein based diet.

Sharon said...

If only we had a dog.

Unknown said...

Adam works out of town all week, and our kids will still say, "Daddy did it" whenever there is a little gas. They learn quick. Matthew is hilarious, I love the way his little mind works!

Christine said...

It always gets blamed on stuffed animals in our house!

Midnight Thoughts said...

I've heard a lot of "barking spider" stories from my brother and dad...perhaps there is one hiding in your home as well?