Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Hope He's Wrong

Today, the boys and I were eating dinner on the back porch. Matthew pointed to the cheese Cameron had on his plate. "I TRY IT," he suggested.

"No Matthew," replied Cameron. "You can't have cheese. You're allergic to cheese."

"NO! I TRY DAT!" insisted Matthew.

"Yes, you are. You are ALLERGIC to cheese!" said Cameron.

"NO, STOP IT!" answered Matthew. "I ALLERGIC TO PEANUT BUTTER!"

Just goes to show you that those little ears pick up waaayyyy more than I expect. It was particularly ironic that this conversation took place today, as Matthew was just at the allergist's office this morning for skin testing. To my utter shock and amazement, he tested negative for peanut allergy. He is still positive for milk and egg allergy. Next step is blood testing and then possibly on to food challenge, since you can be skin test negative and still allergic. Everybody cross your finger and toes that Matthew has truly (amazingly!) outgrown his peanut allergy.

6 comments:

kimbill16 said...

Oh my goodness! I hope the test was right. I'm sure that would ease a lot of worries. Look out PB&J, here comes Matthew!

Grandma Linda said...

It's amazing how much they hear & understand!

I am praying the blood test shows Matthew has grown out of the peanut allergy.

Neelu said...

Sharon, I will keep all movable parts of my body crossed for Matthew. I hope he has truly outgrown PB allergy and can now enjoy all things peanut. ALL the best to Matthew and his mommy!

Ninette said...

Fingers crossed! And a little prayer!

Sharon said...

Thanks everyone! We'll take all the prayers and finger crossing we can get. Matthew had the blood test last week and now we just have to wait for results.

Sharon said...

Still allergic to milk, egg and peanut. And now mustard.