Friday, May 15, 2009

The Bad Parent

I don't even know what time it was. Maybe 3, 4am. "Bottle!" cried Matthew. "Milk in a bottle!"

I was tired. And the kid is almost two years old. He doesn't need a bottle of milk in the middle of the night. "No bottle!" I shouted back groggily. But he's persistent.

About ten minutes later, with Matthew still calling, "Tirsty! Need a bottle!" David gave in.

"All right, all right," I heard him say. "I'll get you a drink."

He padded down the hall and Matthew began to clap. "Yay Daddy! Get da bottle!" he cheered. Then, remembering that I had NOT gotten up to get him a bottle, he added. "Daddy good. Daddy GOOD Mama!"

3 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

This really made me smile. How cute. You go Dave.

Christy said...

Too funny! He's a smart one!

Neelu said...

Its so funny that Matthew decided to point out "Daddy good. Daddy GOOD Mama!" I can't stop smiling