Friday, June 19, 2009

Applapes

Once, I was shopping in the produce section when some apples caught my eye. They were called "Grapples" and, though they looked like ordinary apples, they smelled like grapes. "What a feat of cross-breeding!" I marveled and threw them in my basket. (This, obviously, was before having a food allergic child and reading every label obsessively.) When I got home and began unpacking, I was shocked to learn that Grapples are actually artificially flavored apples. How gross is that? Who in the world was eating an apple and thought, "You know what would make this even tastier? Artifical flavoring!"
Cameron, though he's never tried a Grapple, apparently sees the appeal in a grape-apple taste combination. He, at least, chose a natural approach. He claims that his creations are delicious, although time consuming to make. Look for them soon in the produce section!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I think Cameron will be following his mommy into the science field!