Monday, June 15, 2009

Camping for Cameron

Cameron and David went on their first overnight camping trip together. In just 24 hours, they packed in campfires, hiking, swimming, boating and, for David, water skiing. This, apparently, was a lot of fun for the kids, who cheered and laughed uproariously each time David fell.

Cameron began the trip at an energy disadvantage, as he had bronchitis. It's amazing what antibiotics can do, however, and the doctor cleared him for camping. If he was a little tired at the start, he was exhausted when he came home. He slept during the hour long drive home, he took a three hour nap and then slept until 9am this morning. (If you don't have kids, let me explain: 9am is SUPER late.) Unfortunately for me, Matthew did NOT sleep until 9am. Guess I'll have to send him along on the next camping trip!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Cute photo. I'm glad they had fun. How come I always miss seeing Dave tubing or water skiing?