Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When the sun comes out

When the sun comes out, we are tripping over each other to be the first outside! This morning, Cameron climbed a tree. I love this photo because it looks like he could be waaayyy up a tree when, in fact, he is about two feet off the ground. I guess two feet off the ground feels pretty high, though, when you are under four feet tall. "Whoooaaa!" breathed Cameron as he looked down at the ground. "I'm so high up! I'm kind of afraid to come down!" We also enjoyed some time in the backyard. I hung up some cloth diapers to dry on the line, all the while wondering what the neighbors must think of me. "Look, Harry! You won't believe what she's up to this time! Cloth diapers! And she's hanging them on a clothes line! What will she come up with next?" I know . . . I'm so retro.
Matthew was able to try out his brand new baby swing, which was a big hit.
Cameron was proud of Matthew, but did point out to Matthew that he does not know how to pump and Cameron does. Also, Cameron knows how to stand and Matthew does not. Matthew seemed unperturbed by his deficiencies.

And remember Cameron's Superhero shows of 2007? Well, we've moved on to bigger and better things. Namely, Star Wars. Despite never having seen the trilogy, Cameron is enthralled with all things Dark Side. He also doesn't mind mixing it up a little. Today, he donned a red hat and gloves and explained, "I'm Darth Vader. But I'm a robot Darth Vader. And I can shoot blue fireballs from my eyes. And also? I have Spiderman gloves that shoot webs." Oh, it's going to be a fun summer!

3 comments:

Zack said...

How does he even know about Star Wars? I mean I know you and Dave have been going to those conventions for years but I never thought Cameron came along.

Sharon said...

I have no idea! I mean, I DO wear my Princess Leia costume every Tuesday night for our theme dinner, but other than that???

Ginger said...

Cameron looks so grown up in the tree climbing picture!