Monday, April 21, 2008

Catch!

Cameron has developed a sudden and intense interest in playing catch. This is a mystery to me, as I am only familiar with my own childhood experience of developing a sudden and intense fear of the ball. One humiliating season of t-ball was enough for me.
Cameron and David have spent many an evening as of late in our yard, tossing the ball back and forth. Cameron has also begged me to play catch with him during the day, but holding a baby while a 4-year-old pitches to you is a good way to end up at Urgent Care, so I have demurred.
Cameron is actually doing quite well at catching, especially considering he is wearing a mitt that is too big and for the wrong hand as he is a leftie. Here he is poised to make a catch.

And . . . SUCCESS! Just look at that grin!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Great catch Cameron!

KJ said...

LOL You're writing always gives me the giggles. Vincent has started to get into baseball, too. It is a bummer we moved away from Cincinnati where Andy could have taken him to see the Reds. They did go to a local game (Red Wings) the other night and Vincent was in awe. Daddy was very happy LOL