Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A deep sleep

This morning, Cameron apparently woke up while David was getting ready for work. Matthew and I were, blessedly, still asleep. So, here's one of the nice things about having a four-year-old. Instead of waking me up, David parked Cameron in front of an episode of WordGirl, provided him with a bowl of cereal and instructed to wake me up if there was a problem. This bought me an extra half hour of sleep.

Around 7:30am, when WordGirl had outsmarted Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy yet again, Cameron came into my room. I awoke to a little voice, very, very close to my face, saying loudly, "Mommy, you are sleeping really deep!" Uh, yeah . . . more like, I was sleeping really deep! I can't complain, though -- sleeping in to 7:30am is positively indulgent these days!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I remember when you were old enough to pour cereal for yourself, Stephanie and Zack. This allowed me to sleep in (probably until about 8 a.m.) on Sunday mornings. What a treat that was!