Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cameron the Carnivore, Part 2

Cameron is fond of the Trader Joe's meatless corn dogs, so I was surprised to find it untouched on his lunch plate. The following conversation ensued.

Me: Why aren't you eating your corn dog?
Cameron: I don't want it.
Me: Why not? I thought you loved those corn dogs?
Cameron: Corn . . . Dog . . . Corn . . . Dog. Corn 'cause the outside is corn. And dog because . . .
Me: No, no, no! A corn dog isn't made out of dog! It's just a name. We don't really eat dogs.
Cameron (laughing): Oh, right. I knew that. We don't eat dogs. Thoughtful pause. Unless they're really mean dogs.

4 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Cameron just cracks me up! He is so smart to check these kinds of things out before proceeding.

I wonder what he thinks is inside a jelly bean? How about Crispy Critters (they probably don't make those anymore)? Has he ever ate a Skinny Cow? I love those!

Melissa said...

LOL, this is priceless!

Why not eat a mean dog? I wonder if they would be tough and gritty to eat?

Christine said...

Now THERE'S the solution to the Omnivore's Delimma!

Sharon said...

It's the next big thing! Forget McDonalds! Come by the Mean Dog Cafe for your Mean Dog Burger with fries!