Thursday, April 3, 2008

News from the Highchair

Matthew is a grand champion when it comes to eating. Having mastered the purees, we recently introduced him to that age-old baby snack, Cheerios. After a bit of experimentation, I am pleased to announce that Matthew has discovered the pincer grip! What a breakthrough!

He picks up the Cheerio.
He adroitly transfers said Cheerio to mouth.

He consumes the Cheerio ALL BY HIMSELF!Just look at him beaming with pride at this feat of fine motor control! And note the adorable misplaced Cheerio on his cheek!You'll also note the ultra-cool bib Matthew is sporting. My mom recently sent me a link to DaBib and I promptly ordered a few of the Hugs style. Matthew can be a tad messy with those purees and he nearly always needed a change of clothes after mealtime. Additionally, Matthew's chubby cheeks were the perfect path for dribble to collect under his chin, where it would irritate his sensitive skin. DaBib solved those problems with its scrunchy neckline -- one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" innovations.

I was impressed with the design alone, but my recent experience with DaBib's customer service has me even more impressed. You see, after washing the bibs for the first time, I saw that the seam of one of the necklines had unravelled. It was still perfectly usable, but it was disappointing that it didn't seem to be holding up so well and I sent a brief e-mail to DaBib. It wasn't a whiny, "you better fix this or else" e-mail. In fact it was a "love the design, disappointed with the quality" e-mail. I didn't really expect anything to come of it, but I always feel better if I DO something when I am frustrated. To my complete surprise, my phone rang about 30 minutes later and it was the owner of the company! She apologized, told me that she'd never had any quality complaints before and I must have received a bum bib and offered to send me a new bib! Wow! And then today, I opened my mailbox to find not one, but TWO new DaBibs! It put such a smile on my face that I had to share with my loyal readers. (Sorry to those of you who do not have small, messy humans living with you -- you are probably bored to tears reading about scrunchy necklines!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ordered a few dabibs for my friends and they love them too!

Grandma Linda said...

Matthew looks so proud of himself. I don't think the cherrio on the check was a mistake at all, but good planning on his part. If he gets hungry later it will be right there! He can't get the box out of the cupboard, so what else could he do??

Oh, and DaBib is DaBest!

Ginger said...

Hurray for the pincer grasp! And cheerios.

Ninette said...

WOW! The teacher in me is very excited about the advancement in motor skills! How quickly Matthew is growing up.

BTW, I was at Rotary Park today and remembering you and Dave.