Sunday, February 28, 2010

And I Walked to School Uphill Both Ways

Today, Cameron and I were driving in the car and listening to the radio. (It was really funny -- he thought Garrison Keillor was hysterical but found Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me less entertaining.)

"Hey, mommy?  Rewind that part, okay?" he asked.

"I can't rewind it," I answered.  "It's the radio."

"WHAT?  You can't rewind it?  What, does the radio only play stuff live?" he asked, incredulous.
"Well . . . yeah, pretty much.  You can't rewind it or fast forward it."

"Whoa!" he said.  "Good thing the TV isn't like that.  That'd be awful."

Welcome to my childhood.

3 comments:

Amanda K Jaros said...

Love it! Imagine that... the past.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I was complaining about cassette tapes the other day--try explaining to him the inability to effortlessly skip backwards and forwards between tracks!

Sharon said...

I'm thinking of telling him about the old card catalogs at the library. That should really blow his mind!