Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Refresh my memory

It's our second snow day in a row.  I don't know why, but snow days make me want to do two things:  bake and clean.  Yesterday we made some delicious double chocolate cookies and I cleaned like a mad woman.  (And, of course, we also played in the snow and read books and had tons of fun!)

This morning, when I awoke to a message that school was cancelled again, my first thought was, "Pancakes." 

"Matthew," I said, "I"m going to make pancakes for breakfast!"

To my surprise, Matthew responded, "Noooo!  I don't want pancakes!"

"You don't want pancakes?!?!"

"No pancakes!  No pancakes, mama!  I don't want pancakes!"

Then, he paused.  "Mama?  I forgot.  What's a pancake?"

Once I had shown him a picture of pancakes, he changed his tune.  "Pancakes!  Pancakes!  I wanna pancake!"

For the first time ever, I even made chocolate chip pancakes.  (Finally found some dairy, egg and nut-free chocolate chips that I don't have to special order, so we are having chocolate chip everything in celebration!)

Now, on to the cleaning!  Starting with some little faces . . .


1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Mmmmmm. Wish I had been there.