Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Need to Work of My Frow

Matthew loves football -- LOVES it.  If he had his way, we would stand in the hallway and throw the football back and forth all day long.  Although I'm a college football fan (GO BLUE!), I've never been much for the NFL.  With Matthew's love of the game, however, we HAD to watch the Superbowl.  He cheered and provided commentary and reenacted his favorite plays -- "Den he frowed it like dis!  And den de other guy fell down like dis!  Den, TOUCHDOWN!"

When great grandma and great grandpa sent Matthew money to buy a Superbowl shirt, he was thrilled.  His New Orleans Saints Champion t-shirt arrived in the mail last week and Matthew immediately put it on, repeatedly shrieking, "I can hardly believe it!  I can hardly believe it!"  I can hardly believe that a 2-year-old would be so excited about a football shirt!

He now prefers to wear his Superbowl shirt when we play football in the hallway.  Yesterday, I said to him, "Keep your eye on the ball, Matthew!"  So he did.
When he missed another catch, I said, "Hold your arms out so you can catch it!"
"Mama," he replied indignantly, "I can't catch it if you keep frowing it bad!"

He does make a good point.

2 comments:

kimbill16 said...

Oh my gosh, Matthew looks so grown up in this picture!! Very cute.

Grandma Linda said...

Have you been practicing your frowing?