Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Who's the fairest?

Sorry, Snow White, but Cameron thinks Little Mermaid has you beat. Today he told me, "Why do girls like Little Mermaid so much? Probably because she is SOOOOO pretty. I like her face. It's SOOOO pretty." So, before the age of 4 years, Disney has managed to give my son unreasonable expectations of beauty.
Cameron is also fascinated by another cartoon character who earns my glowing praise -- Word Girl. Word Girl is new to PBS. She's a superhero whose super powers include not only flying but also a stellar vocabulary! Suddenly Cameron is saying things like, "Mommy, please cease pushing me on the swing!" and "That tree is humongous and gigantic!" Watch out, SATs!

Cameron and Matthew are fast becoming good buddies. Cameron woke the other day, came into the living room, and joined Matthew on his play mat. "Matthew, it's me! Your big brother!" he crooned. Very cute.
Matthew is getting bigger every day and spending more time awake. Sadly, much of his awake time seems to be after Cameron's bed time -- which I would like to be MY bed time. Matthew likes to be held upright and is giving his Mommy and Daddy major backaches. Here is David with a wide-eyed Matthew last night!

5 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Matthew does look bright eyed in the photo with Dave!

I'm glad Cameron likes his little brother so much. Matthew's charm may decrease slightly when he is old enough to crawl over to Cameron's toy box.

Is Dena's baby crawling yet?

Christine said...

Look how plump little Matthew's cheeks look! Cute cute!

KJ said...

We LOVE Super Why here! Vincent just started watching it. I think the girl you are talking about is one of the characters on the show.

Hmm, doesn't she have red hair? I think The Little Mermaid does, as well. Maybe he has a thing already for redheads!

KJ said...

Hmm, nevermind. I just looked it up and I think Word Girl is something else. My apologies!

Sharon said...

Hey Kelly! Funny, we just watched Super Why for the first time this morning and Cameron LOVED it. He says he wants a Super Why birthday party. If Vincent likes Super Why, check out Word Girl -- it's great!