Saturday, September 15, 2007

Busy Buddies

Here are Matthew and his daddy this evening.

As you may gather, we had an exhausting day! It started out with the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati's Buddy Walk. I've worked with many families who have or are expecting a child with Down syndrome and the DSAGC is an amazing resource for both families and professionals. It is a pleasure to support them and we are proud to walk as part of Bobby's Buddies. Bobby is the son of our friends, Sue and Ken. He is a real cutie, as you can see in this photo -- Bobby is in the orange shirt, held by his dad.And here I am with Cameron and Matthew after the walk. Matthew happily rode in my awesome (and super cute!) mei tai carrier!
After the walk, we grabbed a quick bite to eat, made a brief stop at home, then headed to Chloe's 4th birthday party. Chloe, Cameron, Jack (Bobby's older brother) and Andrew have been friends since before they were born. I was in a prenatal water aerobics class with their mommies -- all our kids were born within a few weeks of each other and we've remained good friends. Here is a photo of Chloe, the birthday girl. Now, maybe it is just that I've been reading too much Harry Potter, but this photo made me laugh. There is a small white ball laying on the grass behind Chloe. But if you look at the photo a little differently, I think it looks like that white ball is levitating above the orange paper in Chloe's hand. And she looks like she is staring right at the levitating ball -- levitating objects takes quite a bit of concentration from what I hear! It's as if Chloe is little Tabitha from Bewitched!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I'm glad that all four of you enjoyed Bobby's walk. It looks like Matthew was snug as a bug in a rug in his new carrier!

I am quite impressed with Cloe's supernatural abilities. Happy 4th Birthday Cloe!

Ninette said...

What a great cause!

All your boys are so cute, including Dave, in those pictures.

I think Chloe does have Harry Potter-esque powers. That pictures is so cool.