Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Joy of Junk Mail

Cameron loves getting mail -- what kid doesn't? Frequently, his mail happens to be what many might call junk mail. The other day, we received a catalogue from a kid's store featuring their wide selection of Halloween costumes. As Cameron had long ago decided to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween this year, he is left to peruse the pages and plot out his costumes for the next decade or so. Mark your calendars, everyone: Cameron will be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for Halloween when he is eleven.

Cameron is enthralled with the catalogue and picked it for one of his bedtime stories last night. He would point out the costume of interest and I would read the description. So, bedtime sounded something like this: "Once upon a time, there was a little boy who dressed up as Spiderman for Halloween. Made of a comfortable cotton/lycra blend, his costume featured a one-piece, tie-back suit with realistic muscles and of course a Spidey face mask. Spiderman Deluxe gloves available separately." They should really create an anthology . . . "A Children's Collection of Catalogues."

4 comments:

Zack said...

So funny...I remeber coming home from school and the most exciting part of the day was looking at the mail. hahaha

Ninette said...

I love the whole catalogue thing! That is way too funny.

The pic of your boys is so cute. I love how big brother is holding little brother. We have many pics in my family where I am holding the younger siblings.

Christine said...

I love how Cameron's right hand is supporting Matthew's little head! And how Matthew is still in the "stare out in space" teeny baby phase. How are you doing?? Are you getting any sleep?

Sharon said...

Yes, the boys are adorable (if I do say so myself!) and Cameron is a fantastic big brother!

Sleep? Not so much. I told David that I turned on the TV while feeding Matthew last night. It seemed like just seconds later that I realized I had nodded off, but when I looked at the clock an HOUR had passed!