Saturday, September 22, 2007

Party People in the House!

On Friday night, we had the pleasure of attending the wedding of two of our dearest friends, Jess and Pat. We had a phenomenal time -- it was definitely a celebration! Here, David dances with the beautiful bride to "Pennsylvania Polka." A big thanks to Grandma and Grandpa T, who watched the boys while we were out having fun! And a shout out to Jess' mom, Ellie, who is a loyal reader of my blog -- she makes me feel famous!
The festivities continued today, and we joined the newlyweds and many of their friends and family at a German bier hall. Matthew made me question his normal hearing screen by sleeping soundly throughout two hours of loud singing and two rounds of the Chicken Dance. Cameron started the night out slow but his spirits were revived by a plate of giant pretzels.Before long, Cameron was hamming it up with his buddy Pat. By the way, Pat is always like this -- it wasn't just the German beer!
Cameron also participated enthusiastically in the chicken dance, as did David.
And when it was time to make some noise? Well, Cameron knows ALL about making noise!
On the drive home, we enjoyed some Harry Potter on CD. I read all the books as they were released and thought it would be fun to listen to them on CD while I'm driving to and from Cameron's school. I hadn't thought that Cameron would be interested, but he loves it and he now requests Harry every time we're in the car. His comprehension isn't quite up to par though. He trusts no one but Harry. Listening with him in the car sounds something like this: "Oooh, Harry's talking to Dumbledore? He's a bad guy, right Mommy? Uh oh, Hogwarts! Hogwarts is a bad guy I think. Oh noooooo, not Hermione, he's a bad guy!" It doesn't matter that I explain that Dumbledore is a good guy, Hogwarts is not a guy at all but a school and Hermione is good and a girl. So, any parts I listen to with Cameron I end up listening to again on my own!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

What a party! I didn't know David could Polka. How nice of Trumpy's to babysit Cameron and Matthew for you.

The next day party looked like a lot of fun too. You certainly have a great group of friends in Ohio.

I can't wait for our next party-Stephanie and Bryan's wedding! See you there.

Aunt Beth said...

Aunt Beth said...
WOW!! Dave & Cameron really know how to shake it. This is the first time that I have placed a comment on your blog but I want you to know that when I am stressed out from work and need a break from looking at houses on the computer I go to my "favorties" and check out your blog. I get so excited when there is something new with photos. I look at it everyday. Don't stop. See you next week-end for the big day for Stephanie!!