Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Sickness

On Saturday, my parents came to visit us.  I had high hopes for the visit -- time for the boys to spend with their grandparents, time for me and David to go out, time to hang out with my parents after the boys were in bed.  Shortly after their arrival, though, Matthew said, "My ear hurts."  He was grumpy and tired all afternoon, and told us several times his ear hurt.  Finally, we scrapped our plans and my mom and I decided to take Matthew to Urgent Care.  We strapped him in his car seat, crying.  About a block down the street, he stopped crying and said, "Hey!  My ear's okay!"  My mom and I exchanged glances.

"Does your ear hurt Matthew?"

"Nope!"

The whole way to Urgent Care and during our wait he claimed his ear no longer hurt. He was cheerful and pleasant and I sat there thinking, "It just figures!  All this for nothing."

And then we were called back, the doctor glanced in his ears and . . . double ear infection.

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I guess you got your money's worth! I'm so glad Matthew is feeling better now.