Friday, January 22, 2010

It's All in the Helmet

Recently, I blogged about Cameron's love of Legos, his hopes of winning a Lego building contest and how he reconsidered his "need" for Legos once he learned about the devastation in Haiti.  Although Cameron hasn't won that dreamed of Lego gift card to give to Haiti, he has stepped up.  He donated a small fortune (to him) to relief efforts and has shown continuing concern for what's happening in Haiti.  We're proud of him.  My aunt was proud of him, too, and sent Lego a link to my blog post.  And today, Lego made Cameron's day.  (Even more than Lego usually makes Cameron's day!)

Today, Cameron got a package in the mail from Lego.  Inside was a note thanking him for being a kind person who cares about others, a Lego poster and a Lego set.  Cameron nearly collapsed with excitement.  "It's a set with CLONE TROOPERS!!!" he shrieked. 

I was confused.  It was a set that Cameron doesn't have -- I knew that much -- but I couldn't figure out why he was excited about the clone troopers.  "Cameron, you have TONS of clone troopers!" I said.

Cameron looked at me with pity.  "Mommy.  I have tons of STORM troopers.  These are CLONE troopers, not STORM troopers.  See?  They have this ridge on their helmet.  The storm troopers don't."

I stand corrected.

Thanks to Lego and thanks to Aunt Beth.  Cameron certainly didn't NEED any reward but it meant the world to him to be acknowledged by his favorite company.




4 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

How cool is that!!

Thanks Aunt Beth!

Christine said...

Wow! This is SOOO cool! Yay for everyone involved---Sharon, Legos, Aunt Beth, and especially Cameron.

kimbill16 said...

Yay Cameron! What a great story!

Ninette said...

How exciting!