Sunday, January 17, 2010

He's Taken

Driving in the car today (which, of course, is where all significant conversations take place), Cameron said to me, "When I grow up and I'm a daddy, who do you think will stay home with my kids?  Will I stay home or will the mommy stay home?"

"Well, that just depends, Cameron," I answered.  "Remember when you were little, Mommy and Daddy both worked.  But now I stay home and only Daddy works.  And in some families, only the mommy works and the daddy stays home."

"I think I would like to be a daddy who takes care of the kids," answered Cameron.  "But I guess that Maddie* and I will just have to decide that together.  Ooops.  I don't mean 'Maddie,' I mean, I guess that me and whoever I marry will have to decide.  Because, haha!  I mean, I don't mean that I'm going to marry Maddie."

* Name changed to protect Maddie, my future daughter-in-law.  And to protect Cameron from teasing!

No comments: