Monday, January 18, 2010

Artistic License


We spent not just today but the weekend celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. and all he represented.  So, here's a picture Cameron colored of MLK Jr.  Bet you didn't know he was such a snappy dresser, huh?  It's 'cause all of those photos of him are in black in white.  If you saw the color photos, you'd see that his favorite suit was aqua and his favorite tie was orange.  Little known fact. 

The purple ear, however, had me befuddled.  Cameron explained, "All the other kids were using the brown crayons, so what choice did I have?"

Also, a book recommendation from me.  I recently read Claudette Colvin, Twice Towards Justice, by Phillip Hoose and it was fascinating.  Claudette Colvin was a teenage girl in Montgomery, AL, who refused to give up her seat on a bus almost a year before Rosa Parks did the same thing.  I wish I could convince everyone, middle school on up, to read this book!

2 comments:

kimbill16 said...

I have a dream that one day people will be judged not by the color of their ears, but by the content of their character..

Grandma Linda said...

What a funny comment! I wish I would have thought of that.