Friday, January 1, 2010

Grateful for My Ruby Slippers

What a wonderful holiday season we had!  We just returned from a week with family in Michigan, packed with non-stop fun.  We visited with family -- mine, and David's, and more of mine, and more of David's -- we caught up with old friends, we spent time with the kids, we spent time without the kids.  And it was so great. 








When we began the drive home, Cameron said, "I tried to act happy when we left, but really I feel super sad.  Because I had tons of fun."  And that, my friends, is the way to end a visit -- while you are still having fun. 

It was one of our best Christmases yet but, as always, it is so good to be home.  We've settled in for a cozy evening -- I've got bread baking in the oven, David and Matthew are watching the Rose Bowl pre-game coverage and Cameron is setting up an acids and bases experiment.  So, it's back to the grind but to be honest, our daily grind is pretty awesome.

Hope all of you had a lovely holiday season as well and are starting off 2010 with much joy and gratitude.

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Yes, it was a wonderful week. The kids are so amazing. Cameron put together complex Lego sets with ease and showed the adults how to get through the Wii Star Wars game. Matthew was putting together puzzles and doing some lovely abstact paintings. Ella was practicing her kicking & stretching and had her very first sleep over night at Grandmas house.

I can't wait to see what 2010 will bring.

Anonymous said...

I would have liked to have seen you, Zack, Matthew, Cameron, Ella, Stephanie and everyone else. We don't get to see each other very often and you guys are the only cousins I have so it was a disappointment I didn't have the opportunity. I do hope you had a nice holiday season and I hope 2010 brings you peace and understanding in the new year for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully we'll get to see each other this Christmas... lots to celebrate .. including my national certification for dental assisting in oral surgery :)