Saturday, February 2, 2008

Watch out, Beckham!

Cameron started indoor soccer today! The excitement began to build yesterday and, in anticipation of the big day Cameron announced that he would need to "do some weight lifting." Very seriously, he retrieved one of my 5 lb hand weights and did a few bicep curls as well as several reps of an original move that involved bending at the waist and then lifting his hands over his head.

This morning, it seemed as if 9am would never come but finally the moment arrived. Just putting on his shin guards and soccer shoes was bliss and going on the field was sheer joy. He ran in circles at top speed for several minutes, pausing only occasionally to admire his shoes. He struggled a bit with the drills, but his smile never left his face! I found myself overcome with pride as I watched him. He definitely seems to have more talent than I did -- I spent my days on the soccer field sharing kindergarten gossip with my friend Becky!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Cameron is a natural!

One season many years ago, his Mom and her friend Becky succeeded in participating in an entire season of soccer without kicking the ball during a game once! Next season, the girls moved on to t-ball.

Anonymous said...

He sure does look cute!! I remember Andy on the field picking daisies and having no clue where the ball was.