Friday, February 15, 2008

Dam kids

There is no end to the wealth of knowledge one can glean from the educational DVD "Rescue Heroes: The Movie." During the most recent viewing of this ever-popular film, Cameron gathered that a dam is used to hold back the water in a river. Inspired, he used his blocks to build a dam. But what fun is a dam all by itself? Cameron rounded up his Little People to play on the dam, and christened them "The Dam Kids." Here is where David and I drop all pretentions and show our true colors. We could not seem to help ourselves.

Cameron: OK, so this is the dam. And these are the dam kids.
Immature parents (tittering): What mess have those dam kids gotten themselves in this time?
C: Well, the dam might break. And then there would be a flood.
IP (giggling wildly): Dam! It might break? That would be a dam shame!
C: Yes. And the dam kids are trying to stop it.
IP (guffawing): Wow, what will those dam kids think of next?
C (with broad smile, proud that his story has garnered such a reaction): Yep, the dam kids are really good at stopping floods!

6 comments:

KJ said...

Bwahahahahahaha!

Midnight Thoughts said...

Parents show their true maturity level on this one! Ha ha I bet Cameron will like this blog when he's older and gets it better.

RTC said...

Brilliant! I'm glad I'm not the only person who immediately thought of how to play around with that. I'm so going to mess with my kid(s) this way!

Christine said...

Sharon, that's just hysterical!! I'm calling Stefan over right this minute to read it!

Christine said...

So this weekend I showed this posting to my brother and his wife, and we all sat around "guffawing" at it!!
ps, like the myers-brigg post as well. I'm ISTJ.

Sharon said...

So happy to know that all of you were amused (rather than appalled!) by this conversation!