Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow day

Yesterday was a snow day which meant keeping two boys occupied for many hours! Fortunately, all were in good health and good spirits. Cameron had fun in his robot costume, which he and his daddy had made out of a box. This clever disguise also delighted Matthew. We also spent a good part of the day playing Star Wars -- odd, considering Cameron has never seen the trilogy. I don't know if he picked up the general plot at school, but suddenly I am spending a great deal of time as Princess Leia.

But by far the most popular entertainment was "Diner." After a long hiatus from his play kitchen, Cameron has reignited his passion for cooking. He is the chef, obviously. I am Lucy and I frequent the diner with my boss, Gerard (played by Matthew). Gerard is the strong silent type, while I talk in an annoyingly snobbish drawl. "Gerard," I simper. "Isn't the grilled cheese here simply divine?" The chef is appreciative of my flattery and has commented that his diner is "the goodest place that nobody never goes." It seems that Gerard and I are the only customers. (In all honesty, the location is off the beaten path and the advertising is abysmal.)

The snow day was also prime opportunity for some brotherly bonding. How sweet is this photo???
All in all, we had a great time just chillin' (quite literally -- it is COLD here!) in our PJs. Today was back to school, but here is one more photo from this morning, when Cameron generously shared his Spiderman slippers with his baby brother.

2 comments:

Midnight Thoughts said...

Awe.... I love the hands picture, how sweet :)

Christine said...

I love the slipper picture!!