Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sick and tired

Being sick is no fun. Taking care of a sick kid is no fun. Taking care of a sick kid when you are sick is REALLY no fun.

It's been a tough couple of days here. After David and I spent a romantic evening out at the mall food court on Saturday night, I began to feel a bit under the weather. By Sunday morning, I was truly miserable. Or at least I thought I was truly miserable . . . turns out that Monday was to be the truly, truly miserable day when Cameron came down with a stomach bug and I was still achy and exhausted.

Today, we are both feeling better but Cameron is driving me crazy as he wasn't able to go to school. Four-year-olds can be impressively demanding and insistent. We have done origami, rubbed comics onto wax paper, cut out paper dolls representing each of our family members, done experiments with baking soda and vinegar, signed Valentines, painted, read books, played games on the computer and STILL he is calling, "Mommy? Mooommmmyyyy! Come here Mommy!" ARRRRGGGGHHHHH! A moment of peace, please?

I did observe one sweet moment. I heard Cameron talking but didn't catch what he was saying. "What?" I asked. With gritted teeth he said, "Mommy, I'm not talking to YOU!" When I left the room I heard him continue his conversation, "So, Matthew. Welllll, I'm really glad you are in our family now."

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Cameron,

We're all happy that Matthew has joined the family! We are very proud of Matthew's big brother too!