Saturday, February 9, 2008

Robbing the cradle

Those who know me would likely describe me as a fairly petite girl. I think it is in part due to my small stature that I am frequently thought to be younger than I am. A few years ago, while I was working at the hospital, I was asked out by a high school volunteer. When I told him that I was married he responded, "Oh. Soooo, I guess that means you don't want to go out?" Uhhh, no.

More recently, I stopped at a grocery store on my way home from a mom's group meeting. In the cosmetics aisle, a hapless husband asked me if I knew where to find a lotion his wife had sent him to pick up. Then, spotting a store employee, he asked for his help in finding the lotion. Just then, I located it and began to walk toward the man. The store employee said to the man, "Oh, I think your little girl just found it for you!"

But yesterday, at Cameron's school, I had the most amusing encounter yet. Cameron had asked me to come see him on the playground, so I did. As play time ended, the teacher rang a bell and all the kids lined up to go inside. Cameron guided me to his line and, as I stood there, a little boy looked up at me in awe. "Whoa," he breathed. "Are you in kindergarten?"

3 comments:

Zack said...

I was having the same problem you were having. I suggest you grow a beard. It's worked marvelous for me.

Sharon said...

Hmmm. That's an idea, Zack. I think far fewer underage boys would ask me out if I had a beard.

Ginger said...

I LOVE the hand holding picture. That's one for a frame!