Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Smart vegetables

Cameron confided in me yesterday that he had learned a song at school and he didn't like it. From what I can gather, the song was first introduced for Martin Luther King Day and is sometimes sung at circle time. Cameron reported that the song is called "We Teach Peas." When I told him that my best guess is that the song is actually about teaching peace, not about teaching vegetables, he had a good laugh about this misunderstanding. We have since made several clever jokes about other songs he might learn, such as "We Teach Corn."

1 comment:

Aunt Beth said...

This reminds me of the time that Andy was about 6 and we had just got a new car. Andy couldn't say his "R's". He was all excited and telling his friend that we got a new "COW". His friend said I can't believe you got a new "COW". Andy said "No, we got a new COW". Finally when the friend figured out we got a new car not a cow him and Andy laughed so hard.