Thursday, February 21, 2008

Self-indulgent whining

So, today I was at the pediatrician's office with a sick kid. It was my FOURTH visit in the past two weeks. Today's visit was for Cameron who has a sore throat. So, I should probably be feeling bad for him (and I am!) but I'm really feeling bad for me! I am so, so sick of sickness. *sigh*

Cameron was first seen by a resident, who said it was very unlikely to be strep as Cameron just finished antibiotics for an ear infection. Then the MD came in and reiterated that it would be pretty unusual that a kid on antibiotics would pick up strep. At this point I was feeling a strange combination of relief that it probably wasn't strep and embarassment that I was being a paranoid mother who drags her kid into the doctor's office every time he sniffles. Cameron gagged through the throat swab and seven minutes later . . . yep, he has strep. Who's paranoid now???

Anyway, here is a photo of Cameron yesterday, presymptomatic. He is wearing his new space pajamas -- I believe this pose is supposed to represent his amazing astronaut strength.

And here is the ever-adorable Matthew, just drooling and looking cute.

So, signing off . . . and hoping that the antibiotics work their magic overnight!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I hear you about the sickness. I think I've been sick more often than Katie, though...

I love looking at your blog!