Monday, April 6, 2009

Why I Always Carry Wipes

Yesterday, Cameron had his first outdoor soccer practice. He couldn't wait to get out on the field with his new green ball and his soccer cleats. He was completely unfazed by the threatening clouds overhead or the soggy field.
Matthew was also excited. He loves soccer and had to be restrained from joining the team on the field. Fortunately, David had thought to bring a soccer ball along for Matthew to play with and he was soon running along the sidelines, kicking his ball and shouting, "SOCC-A BAWL! I KICK IT!" Sadly, we had not equipped Matthew with cleats and his Robeez shoes were no match for the wet earth. Within minutes, he had slipped and fallen on his knees and hands in the mud. David pulled him up and he stood, frozen with muddy hands outstretched. I quickly wiped him off as best I could. When I was done, he gazed up at me and said regretfully, "Ohhhhh no. Poo-poo hands."
"No, no, Matthew! That was just mud!"
"Ohhhhh!" he said with apparent relief. "Mud!" And off he went to kick the soccer ball some more.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

CUTE!!! I just discovered your blog and can't wait to read more!! My family is in the process of adopting a 13 month old baby girl.. and so I was looking through some adoptive blogs.. your family is just beautiful!! :)

Sharon said...

Thanks Michelle! Best of luck in your adoption process!