Thursday, April 23, 2009

Silly-bos

I love when, instead of asking for video games or TV, the boys keep busy by playing outside or doing something creative. Building, drawing, imagining -- no batteries required. I first saw a Bilibo years ago, although I didn't know what it was called. It looked like something you'd get at Ikea, so the next time we were there I took a look around with no luck. Then, a few weeks ago, someone mentioned Bilibos, I googled it and -- voila! -- there was the toy I saw so long ago!
The boys each have their own Bilibo now and have had hours of fun with them. They sit in them, they spin in them, they shuffle around in Bilibo "shoes," they hula in a Bilibo, they peek at each other and Matthew can even put his head in a Bilibo turtle shell.

My only disappointment is that when David tried to sit in a Bilibo he . . . well, he didn't fit. "I'm much smaller than David," I thought, and hurried to try out a spin on the Bilibo. Aaaanndd . . . I may be small, but not small enough for a Bilibo.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

okay - so, prior to your blog - I had never seen these toys before. And now; Katie will be getting one for her birthday. The company should probably pay you a percentage of the sale...

Grandma Linda said...

Do you have any photos of David trying to get in a Bilibo?