Sunday, April 26, 2009

Officially Not a Baby

Today, we went to lunch a local coffee shop we frequent. As always, I pulled a highchair over to the table and started to wipe it down. Matthew toddled over to a small kid-sized tabled, pulled out a chair, plopped down, looked up at me and said, "Big boy now." I guess there is no clearer indication that you no longer have a baby, you have a little boy. He proudly ate lunch at the table and I'm fairly sure there is no going back.

This may have been the result of a visit from my parents. My mom, who usually visits at least once a month, hasn't seen the kids since January. She was amazed at how they've grown -- Cameron can read! Matthew never stops talking! They're so tall! Matthew has so much hair! -- and I think Matthew heard a lot of "You're such a big boy now!" He took it to heart.

Here are the boys with my folks in October:
and now:It was a gorgeous, gorgeous weekend and while the boys entertained my parents, David and I walked up to a nearby Mexican restaurant and sipped margaritas on the patio. It was pretty nearly heaven.

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

What a great weekend! The boys are so lively and fun. It's hard to believe that they have grown this fast. I can't wait for our next visit to see what new tricks they know.