Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Boy Named Nancy

We began listening to a Nancy Drew book on CD today. Ahhh, memories! Cameron listened with rapt attention, frequently interrupting. "What's a will? What's a housekeeper?" but one question in particular caught my attention. We were listening to chapter two and Nancy is referred to as Carson Drew's daughter. "Wait!" said Cameron. "What? Nancy is a girl?!?!" I guess you don't hear the name "Nancy" much in the preschool crowd, but it had never occurred to me that Cameron might think "Nancy" was a boy!

4 comments:

kimbill16 said...

Have you read Confessions of a Teen Sleuth? It is a hilarious parody of the Nancy Drew books. If you were a childhood fan of Nancy Drew (who wasn't?), you'd probably like it!
-Kim

Sharon said...

That sounds great, Kim! I'll definitely check it out!

Bethany G. said...

That's so cool he's interested in that! I know they've revamped Nancy Drew but they should for Hardy Boys too. Equal opportunity!

Ninette said...

I love Nancy Drew! Too cute that he thought she was a boy. I read them and Hardy Boys.