Thursday, April 16, 2009

Forever

Overheard on the Chicago El Red Line:

A 20-something girl leans her head on the shoulder of a 20-something boy. "People totally get the wrong idea when they see us. Like, they see us and they think, like, 'They're so in love. They must have been together like 3 months.' Because, you know, you're only like really in love for like the first 3 months usually. But they are SO wrong about us. Like, they'd never imagine that we're so in love and we've been together 8 months!"

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Well, to quote Bye,Bye,Birdie...They've got a lot of livin' to do!

Anonymous said...

You guys must be loving Chicago! I can't wait until you get home and more regularly post blogs - I'm going through withdrawal!

Bethany G. said...

Oh brother! That's hilarious! 8months, LMBO!

Ninette said...

Oh my goodness, 8 months! How clueless!

But then, my students claim that I am dating three of the men I work with just because they see us laughing and teasing each other.

Grandma Linda said...

Cute story! I can't wait for more news and photos from your trip.

Unknown said...

Yeah, now people know that Adam and I (and I am assuming you and Dave) are still in love because he hands me more wipes when one of the kids is covered in mess. Its no 8 month love affair, but hey it works for us :)

Lily said...

Catching up on old blog posts...if I am ever that naive just slap me!