Thursday, April 2, 2009

Chillin'

Today, I suddenly could not locate Matthew. For those of you without children, I will clarify that it is problematic to be unable to find your youngest child. It is generally accepted that parents should have some idea of where each of their children are, so I began to search.

"Matthew," I called out.

From a distance, I heard a faint voice. "I here! Are you, mama?" This is Matthew-speak for "I'm here! Where are you, mama?"

I followed the tiny voice down the hallway to Cameron's room. Cameron had closed his door to protect an intricate Superstructs creation and I didn't think Matthew could open the door on his own, so again I called out. "Matthew, where are you?"

From inside Cameron's room, Matthew replied, "I here! Drink juice! Sleeping!"

I opened the door to find this:
Matthew was reclined in Cameron's bed, legs crossed, serenely enjoying a sippy cup of juice. "Hi mama!" he squealed. He apparently opened the door, dragged in his Elmo chair, closed the door, used aforementioned chair to climb into Cameron's bed and then . . . "Ahhhh, this is the life!"

4 comments:

Ninette said...

Too cute. He looks very comfortable.

Amanda K Jaros said...

How funny! The things they do sure are amazing, aren't they?!

Grandma Linda said...

Weren't you glad he wasn't surrounded by piles of Kleenex?

Michelle said...

Oh goodness.. I could just gobble his precious little self up!!!