Friday, March 20, 2009

Why I'm Blogging at 8:30pm

It's 8:30pm. Any other night, at this time, I'd be in the middle of putting one of the kids to bed. David and I alternate children each night, and tonight was my Cameron night. But I'm not putting Cameron to bed. Why? Because my best friend Debbie is visiting from NYC and SHE'S putting Cameron to bed! Is that the definition of a best friend or what?


Both Cameron and Matthew adore Debbie. She's one of those rare people that immediately puts everyone at ease. Within minutes, she had Matthew calling her by name and both boys clamoring for her attention. When bedtime came Cameron whispered to me, "Uh, Mommy? I think Debbie wants to read me stories tonight." And so I'm drinking a glass of wine and blogging!

And, as if a visit with Debbie was not wonderful enough, she brought FLAT STANLEY with her!!!Cameron can hardly believe his good fortune.

3 comments:

kimbill16 said...

Do you rent Debbie out to other moms looking for bed-time help?
-Kim

Grandma Linda said...

Hi Debbie! How are you? Have a great visit in Cinci!

Ninette said...

Flat Stanley made the trip too! How lucky!

Have a great time with Debbie!