Sunday, March 1, 2009

Camel exhibit

This afternoon, as we pulled up to the museum, Matthew spotted the huge dinosaur in front, announcing the new dinosaur exhibit. "Oh! I see!" he squealed. "Camel!"

Once inside, I put Matthew on my back in the mei tai, and felt silently superior to all the hapless mothers pushing strollers awkwardly through the crowd. Matthew, however, has apparently decided that at 18 months old he is not going to be seen being carried on my back. I mean, he's a TODDLER now! And toddlers are good at two things: 1) walking and 2) throwing tantrums. He screamed and cried, "Daddy! Down!" until Cameron started to cry because he thought Matthew was scared of the dinosaurs. Once Matthew was released from the mei tai, he promptly ran to daddy and began to ooh and ahh over the camels once more. The dinosaur bones were cool, but the real show stopper was the automated dinos. They were terrifyingly life-like.But my kids weren't scared. We laugh in the face of danger! Pfftt! Take that T-rex!

5 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I would have been scared! I'm glad you had so much fun.

Bethany G. said...

What a cute family you have! I found your blog in the "Adoptive Families" magazine. My DH and I have one bio daughter together and are in the process of adopting in the AA/bi-racial program. Any plans of adopting in the future again? I'm looking forward to following your continuing journey!

Ninette said...

How fun! I love the last picture!

Anonymous said...

Whoaa haha cool dinosaurs..what museum was that?

Sharon said...

Thanks Bethany! Best of luck in your adoption journey! I took a look at your blog and you have a beautiful family as well.

Ninette -- I thought the last pic was pretty funny too!

Theresa -- it was a special exhibit at Cincinnati Museum Center.