Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Big Day for Our Big Boy


Today, Cameron brought a book home from school. His teacher tapped on my window in car line to tell me. "Does Cameron read at home?" she asked.
"He reads a lot at home," I replied.
"I thought so!" she said. "He's just completed all the language works we do before sending a book home, but I got the feeling he could do more. I showed him a list of sight words like 'the, and, but' and said, 'Do you know any of these words?' And instead of reading those words, he said, 'Yes,' pointed at the directions and read, 'Can you read these words?'"
So, even though it isn't a surprise to me that he can read a book, he is bursting with pride that he got to bring one home from school. As soon as we got home, he pulled the book out of his bag, sat down and read it out loud to me. And talk about memories -- "Max" was the first book I brought home from Montessori when I was Cameron's age!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

It seems like yesterday when you proudly brought home Max to read to us!

We are so proud of Cameron. Great job!